Thursday 2 August 2012

Hatwalk

I am here to confess that I am an Olympic Tragic.  I love the whole package - the thrill of cheering on your country as it wins gold (not much of that so far), the sheer excitement of the crowds, and the opportunity to watch sports that I would not normally take an interest in.  I love them all, well, maybe not that twirly ribbon and ball thingie - what's that all about?

image: MOL
And now I can add to the mix the wit of the British.  My BrisStyle friend Stephanie Morris posted a link to this story on her Facebook and it made my day.

images: MOL
Aren't they wonderful?  If you would like to read the story behind the project and see some more marvellously bedecked iconic statues,you can go here.  Thank you London.  I take my hat off to you.

1 comment:

elegancemaison said...

I'm so glad that you showed this event. Sadly I couldn't get to London in time to see it in situ though I have visited the website. You are NOT an Olympic tragic - we have love all of them in whatever host country.

With Australian grandchildren we cheer Team GB first and Australia next or vice versa depending!

But overall I love the Olympics for the genuine near amateurs of the rowing/swimming/athletics and so on who practise only for the pure spirit of their chosen sport and rely on sponsorship to keep them going as opposed to the golden professional 'fly ins' of football, tennis etc.