Monday 20 August 2012

August

It's the coldest month of the year in the Southern Hemisphere, but August is special in our family.  Three baby boys were born in this month.  In order of seniority they are my brother, my son-in-law, and my son.  Each in his own way has added so much to our lives.

Image: The Cook's Garden
The Spouse and I met up with my brother yesterday for a celebration lunch at a local restaurant.   We were blessed to have one of those crisp, clear, late winter days which added to the pleasure of the occasion.  It was through my brother that I met my husband when we were all teenagers, so there is a lot of history shared between us and we still delight in each other's company.

Our son's birthday was a few days ago, and it only seems like yesterday that he came into our lives - our only son after two girls.  And now he has his own beautiful boy, as well as three delightful daughters.

 
To complete our day, we helped our son-in-law celebrate his birthday last night.  As the father of our three remaining grandchildren he is, of course, perfect.  While he fired up the barbecue the rest of the clan eyed off the cake.


 The boys were so happy to help Dad celebrate his big day.

The weekend was special in so many ways.  The five-year-old grandson started it off brilliantly by leaving it to the last soccer game of the season to score his first goal.  And it was a real goal, not an accident.  Happy times and happy memories.




1 comment: