Friday 29 October 2010

Sleepover




















We had an awfully big adventure last night.  Two of the Fudgelettes, aged four and two, honoured us with their presence for a sleepover. 

After a visit to the park and lunch at home, it was time for an afternoon of activities.


The Actress was a study in concentration

Grandad Fudge did very well too

Cup cakes were next on our busy agenda.














A little television doesn't go astray.
















Dinner time came around all too soon.  Sausages were on the menu but they went down like a lead balloon.  I have to be honest and say that they consumed a plate of tomato sauce with perhaps a fleck of vegetable.  The sausages lay there like roadkill, covered in tomato sauce.  However, the cupcakes we girls made that afternoon went down a treat.  I'm sure their parents understand that grandparents do get desperate at times.

They were little angels and settled down for a full night's sleep, much to our amazement.  Methinks that perhaps the combination of tomato sauce and cupcake is some sort of sleep-inducing potion.  Should I patent it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I was reading through your blog, and I like the way you designed it... very cool. I want to welcome you to my blog. It is about art, and inspirations, personal to me and my followers, and if you follow me, I will follow you.

So what do you think?

Jesse

Kathy said...

What treasured moments with your precious grandaughters. They are very lucky little munchkins. Thankyou so much for your lovely comments over at my blog. After a rough afternoon of really high temperatures after our tragic baking efforts this morning, your sweet words brought tears to my eyes, thankyou so much, it means a lot.
Have a lovely weekend,
Kathy

Jetta's Nest said...

Right, I'm off to whip up a batch of tomato sauce cupcakes and crossing my fingers about it's sleep inducing qualities!! Thanks for the tip :)