Sunday 10 March 2013

What price High Fashion?

Sometimes I am a little slow on the uptake.  I wear two hats - one I wear as a desktop publisher.  For this service I charge by the hour and I don't turn the computer on without charging clients at least one hour per job, and there are no outlays.

The other hat I wear making and selling children's clothing on line.  For this service I buy in fabric and other supplies and do not charge by the hour.  I was taught by my extremely clever mother, who was a professional dressmaker, until she discovered that art was more fun.

So there I was yesterday constructing this intricate party dress which will be flying off to Brazil, when the penny dropped.  If I charged by the hour as I do for desktop publishing, this little number would cost two to three hundred dollars.


Instead, I had it listed for $50.  That did not make good business sense, so I have made the executive decision to increase the selling price to $68 - still a bargain for the amount of work involved.


But here comes the good news.  There is one last opportunity to buy this particular dress at the old price of $50.

If you go here all will be revealed.  Kid Independent is doing a wonderful community service in showcasing a month of beautiful children's clothing with a different designer each day.  The proceeds of the first of each item sold goes directly to benefit the little village in Ethiopia to keep their children in school.  Brilliant.

http://kidindependent.com/
My dress will be featured this coming Thursday, 14 March.  It will be made to order in sizes 2, 3, 4 or 5.  If you live in Australia I can guarantee that it will be ready in plenty of time for Easter.

Do take a look at the gorgeous dresses featured each day over at Kid Independent - they are simply beautiful.

Of course, if you would be happy to purchase my dress at the new price of $68, you are most welcome!  You can find it here and here.







1 comment:

Amalou said...

I LOVE this dress. And agreed, higher price is still a bargain