Wednesday 25 July 2012

The colour purple

As I finished wrapping a dress order to ship today, it occurred to me that it is sometimes advisable for me to look at colours I had previously considered unsuitable for children's clothing.


Take purple for instance.  I love using it in moderation in my quilts, but had avoided it in children's clothing.  No particular reason - I guess it never really appealed to me.  But I became a convert when the penny dropped and I realised that like all colours, purple comes in many shades.


This is the dress which is lying inside the purple tissue paper.  You may think of it as lilac, but to me it's purple - albeit light purple.  Here is how it all came about.


A lovely customer contacted me expressing her desire to buy this dress, but her little girl wanted it in purple.  My immediate reaction was, I have to admit, not one of joy.


However, I searched fabric ranges from my supplier and after consultation with the client, we finally settled on this combination.



I was so pleased with the result that I will be adding it to my Etsy and MadeIt shops in the next few days.  In the meantime, this one will very soon be on its way to the little nearly-five-year-old miss who suggested it in the first place.  Thank you for broadening my horizons!


I was so smitten with the fabrics that I added the extra two to complete the colour range. 


And that's how I came to love the colour purple.

No comments: