Thursday 19 November 2009

Another type of market

If you ever saw High Anxiety, then you will know what I mean when I say I'm ready for a short stay at the Psychoneurotic Institute for the Very, Very Nervous, even if it means being under the dubious care of Dr Montague and Nurse Diesel.











The cause of my high anxiety is the rapidly closing date for our BrisStyle BiDM Market, with over 70 stalls full of the most fabulous items which should take care of just about everyone's Christmas wish list.


The trouble is, it's at that time of the year when there are all sorts of distractions - catching up with old friends we haven't seen since this time last year, early Christmas shopping, Christmas parties with the various quilting groups I belong to (which involves exchanging handmade gifts, of which I have none), etc, etc.

The sewing machine and overlocker are having a little rest today while I catch up on some computer work, for which my machine says thank you very much.

I have gone from knots to bows in my dresses and these little numbers will be on sale at my market stall on 5 December.







The blue and white dress is made of fabric which I found in the textile district of Paris and I just love it, with its adorable little children at the seaside.

The beauty of these dresses is that the ties can be removed when the dress needs washing and are easily re-threaded through the front and back openings, with the aid of a safety pin...

... or bodkin. Voila!

Oh, and I will be selling our very own BrisStyle Tote Bags for $10 each, or free with any purchases over $80, while stock last. The design for our tote bag competition was won by the very talented Sam of Jetta's Nest and we predict that they will be big sellers at our market.

Speaking of bags, I've packed mine and I'm off for that short stay at the Psychoneurotic Institute for the Very, Very Nervous.

Bring it on, Nurse Diesel!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finish your strudel!