Sunday 25 July 2010

Winning

It's a good feeling, winning.  It's better when it's shared with around 40,000 close personal friends, or that's what it felt like last night at the Rugby Tri-Nations match which we attended to witness the Australian Wallabies defeat the South African Springboks 30-13.  The greatest casualties of the evening were the two lonely vuvuzelas which were drowned out by the enthusiastic home crowd. 















There's another winning team in Brisbane, albeit a much prettier and genteel one.  It's the BrisStyle Indie Twilight Market team and their next appearance will be at King George Square on Friday 30 July.  The last Twilight market was a stunning success, so if you are in Brisbane next Friday, head for the centre of the city and join in the fun.






















photo courtesy Kish Photography

I have had a busy week, adding to my diminished stock following sales at the recent Quilt Sitters' Exhibition. 

A client had ordered this dress, and I loved the combination so much that I made another for my Etsy shop.


















I had been asked to make some dresses for one-year-olds and these two little dresses were added to my Etsy shop and sold overnight, so it's back to the sewing machine!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Go the "Wallabies", great win..
Can't wait til they meet the Mighty All Blacks...