Tuesday 11 June 2013

Somewhere in the world it's warm

Sitting here in Sydney on a fairly miserable day, I take heart in the knowledge that in that other hemisphere people are basking in the sun, licking melting gelato and generally enjoying what was ours only a couple months ago.


Putting on my Pollyanna hat, I could say if we didn't have winter
we wouldn't appreciate the warmer months.


Imagine how boring it would be if it was warm all year.


Even worse, if it never rained.


OK, I wouldn't mind a little rain now and then.


Maybe I should move to Hawaii.


But then I would miss the changing colours of the trees and the beautiful winter flowers.


So I'll embrace these winter months and appreciate the joy of each season.


At least until I can feel some warmth in my bones again.

In the meantime I have been kept busy with the first of the new season's designs.  You can find them here or here. Wherever you are, I hope you are enjoying and appreciating the wonders of the season.

No comments: