Sunday 20 May 2012

Sometimes a little incentive is all it takes

There are times when you need a nudge to get the creative juices flowing again.  I had been toying with the idea of making different shaped garlands, using a similar technique to that used in my hearts and bunny garlands.




During the week a lovely young professional photographer contacted me. She had previously bought one of my heart garlands to use as a prop for her photography.  This adorable little poppet is celebrating her first birthday cake smash (doesn't cake smash say it all?).

Blue Poppy Photography 

Photographer Christine was wondering if I could make a garland for her little son's first birthday cake smash. 



  After a little to-ing and fro-ing, this was my final design, which is now on its way to its new home.


 This was the incentive I had been waiting for and I now have similar garlands for sale in my Etsy and MadeIt shops.


Thank you Christine for setting me in the right direction.

3 comments:

Trish Goodfield said...

Great idea Robyn. You trendsetter.

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

They look fabulous!

Sandrine said...

They are super cute Robyn!x