Wednesday 1 July 2009

BrisStyle Indie Designers Market is coming!

Well, as I write it's only three sleeps until our BrisStyle Indie Designers Market hits Brisbane. Am I nervous? You bet. Am I fully prepared? Nope. Am I worried? Ha!

Some of us girls had our moment in the sun when we appeared on the TV show, The Great South East. If you'd like to take a look, here is the link. Strangely enough, talent agents have not beaten a path to my door, nor have the fickle fans. Still, I have my memories.

I spent a wonderful weekend at Toowoomba with friends from Schoolhouse Quilters. While they were creating beautiful quilts, I was frantically sewing skirts to sell at the market.

My poor Bernina will be so relieved to hear that I will not be sewing today, except for some finishing touches to a little girl's dress. Instead I will be in panic mode as I set prices, print out price tags, do some last-minute shopping for my shop display and generally run around like a chook without a head. Oh yes, and remember to breathe.


4 comments:

Kawaii for You said...

Sorry, no Piggy cake left for you. The girls were concerned that they didn't leave any for themselves to have on their actual birthday - today. he he. I just love those skirts by the way.

See you Saturday. Christine xo

Ali said...

Looking forward to Sat Robyn - those little skirts are delightful! Glad to see you got some sewing done in time! :)

Little Mary Moo said...

The skirts are just lovely but again I am a little sad that they don't come in adult size. I'm sure your stall will be beautiful again. Keep those deep breaths going.

Anonymous said...

Your stall looked amazing Robyn. All those beautiful colours and fabric. I really enjoyed hanging out at the BrisStyle Market on Saturday. It was so inspirational to see so much talent.