Saturday 17 May 2014

Full circle skirts and bubble shorts

Now that the cold weather has settled into Sydney, all I can dream about is next Summer.  Mind you, the days are crisp, sunny and reasonably warm, and the trees have turned the most amazing array of colours from bright yellow through to deep red.  Camellias are blooming everywhere, so that the neighbourhood gardens are a delight.


I had been itching to make the latest pattern by Tie Dye Diva and when I came across this gorgeous fabric, I knew it was ideal for the design.  I love the full circle skirt which falls so gracefully.


I made some piping to give emphasis to the pretty tulip sleeves.


The sweetheart neckline is a classic and so flattering.


Then there's the back


with contrast sash ties - so sweet.

The dress is available in sizes 2 to 9/10 in my Etsy and MadeIt stores and would make a delightful special occasion dress for any little girl who loves to twirl.

Earlier in the week I made these separates, adapted from patterns by Brownie Goose. They are cool and easy to wear and the eye-catching daisy fabric is so soft soft and light.  They are being offered as separates, but they do look wonderful together.   Available here and here

I have more new fabrics patiently waiting their turn to be transformed into garments, so it will be a busy week or so ahead.  At least it takes my mind off Winter.

No comments: