Friday 8 May 2009

It was procrastination, I know

The pressure is mounting to get serious about the quilt I am supposed to have finished by late July. The problem is my mind is on building up my stock for our BrisStyle market on 4 July.

I once had a classy little t-shirt which had a line drawing of weeds, and the message, "So many weeds, so little time". Today I could do with that t-shirt, maybe with the "weeds" crossed out and replaced with the word "sewing".

To add to the pressure, we are trying to plan our trip overseas in August, sorting our way through the confusion of air ticket deals, accommodation, transport on arrival, and all such matters. Our journey will commence with a most unusual destination, as we will be attending the wedding of the son of very dear friends in Sydney. The son is working in London and is marrying a Scots lassie who lives in London, but comes from the Orkneys, and this is where the wedding is to take place. I have checked on the average temperature in the Orkneys for August - high summer. It's 15 Celsius, or 59 Fahrenheit - and we're talking maximum temperature here. We will be fleeing the fierce winter of Brisbane (average August maximum 21.8 Celsius, or 71 Fahrenheit). Eek! Despite the lack of warmth, we are really looking forward to this truly special occasion.

The rest of the time will be spent in the warmer climates of London, Dublin, Paris, Rome, Berlin and other delicious destinations. Oooo ... can't wait.

You can see that I am procrastinating yet again. I should be sweating over my sewing machine, but I think I'll call it a day for now. I have made two pretty little skirts which I am selling on my Etsy shop and I have completed a massive five quilt blocks, so my conscience is partly clear.


I have set next week aside to do some serious damage to the quilt, so Mr Fudge knows to steer clear!

15 comments:

Hey Harriet said...

Procrastination is my middle name! Your new skirts are gorgeous Robyn. That trip sounds amazing. Lucky you!!! Good luck with your quilt next week. Focus focus focus... :)

Anonymous said...

After your marvelous efforts making those gorgeous little skirts, you deserve some procrastination time. I would be daydreaming too if I was planning a overseas trip. How exciting!

Ali said...

Oh, Robyn I feel for you having to plan your overseas trip - what a hassle! ;) I'm sooooo envious - can you tell?!
You new skirts are delightful - such a pretty little shape and lovely combos of colours. gorgeous!
Now, I'd better stop procrastinating and go and do the dishes!

Trish Goodfield said...

Okay, I've got your problem all solved. You stay here and sew and I'll go on the holiday. Happy to help anyway I can. Guess I'm just that sort of girl.

Ali said...

PS thank you for your kind comments on my blog Robyn :)

Chubby Chieque said...

I agree w/ Tracey as the "Procrastinationista" is real me §:-)

I love the second skirt. LOVELY!

Enjoy ur trip...

Sandrine said...

Love your new skirt Robyn :)
Have a nice time away...

Little Mary Moo said...

Your trip sounds so exciting (not the planning bit though). It's not procrastination - just forward thinking. I love the skirts. they are so pretty and I love the way they twirl out at the bottom.

Jetta's Nest said...

Those skirts are gorgeous Robyn and I'm totally with you on the procrastination thing....I think I need to get myself one of those t-shirts too!

Your trip sounds fabulous!!

Jade said...

Oh I'm hearing the procrastination loud and clear here...

I'm starting to feel the same with the market coming up - can't wait! just need to actually start sewing some bags for it :)

What a trip! I'm incredibly green with envy reading about your destinations. how exciting!!

Chrisy said...

Gosh...you're soooo productive! I think I'd only be able to think about the trip!

Helen said...

OOh the Orkney's I stayed in Thurso at the top end of Scotland in a caravan park that overlooked the Orkneys.It was August that the wind was so feirce that I thought that we would be blown over the cliff and out to sea accross to the Islands!

Spectacular country - devastatingly so. You and Tony are going to LOVE it - not mention the textiles- best take an empty suit case!

xh

Sandrine said...

Hope you got finally home safely :)
The little skirts look even better in real!!:)

edward and lilly said...

Sounds like that holiday will be well deserved by the time August comes around!

Little mimoo said...

oh the skirts are gorgeous! Such a great pattern and lovely fabric combos!