Sunday 4 May 2008

Long Weekend

My poor blog has been sadly neglected, but as it's now the middle of a long weekend here in Brisbane (Labour Day), I have no further excuses. The grandchildren have just left and all is quiet.

Around mid April I received a shipment of some beautiful Amy Butler fabrics and was itching to get started on new dresses. Here are a few of the fabrics - you can see why I was so keen to get cracking:




















Over the next week life became pretty hectic, but I somehow managed to get two of the dresses made.































I hope to have a few more made before the Brookfield Show the weekend after next. No pressure!





Yesterday I met up with some of the girls on the Etsy Brisstyle team. We once again met at the coffee shop attached to the Avid Reader Bookshop at West End. A couple of new faces were there and it was good to see them after conversing via email over the past few weeks. Here are a few photos I took of the members:





Amanda of Twinkle Star Art (twinklestarart.etsy.com);









Bec of Where's Becky Bean (wheresbeckybean.etsy.com) with her mother, on their way to the Stitches & Craft Show;











Toni of Moore Taste (Mooretaste.etsy.com);















Esther, our founder, of Green Envy Designs (GreenEnvyDesigns.etsy.com) with Toni's cute little three year-old, Maddy;










and much welcomed new member Marge of Marlier Designs (marlier.etsy.com).



We are all very excited at the prospect of our market towards the end of the year. We hope to put our stamp on Brisbane as exciting and interesting designers. Watch this space.

1 comment:

Bec said...

Beautiful beautiful dresses. I am still amazed at the perfect finishing and attention to detail on your dresses. And isn't it fun getting fabric parcels in the mail? Oh, and I just noticed your little boy's shirt in your shop. I LOVE how you have the little bit of bright colour behind the collar and on the cuff. I am thinking I may need to get one for Lee, as he doesn't have a 'good' shirt and it would be nice to have one. I'll chat to you soon. Cheers, Bec